Pulse UpdateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. yrrab

yrrab Member

Hi
    Has any one tried updating there pulse from the tmobile web site
    in the android section there is a zip flie that can be down loadaed to the SD card and used to update the handset why dont they use over the air updates

Merry Xmas happy New Year

Advertisement
  2. GenesisNemesis

GenesisNemesis Well-Known Member

One thing is bothering me. When I had a G1, I got the updates over the air and they did not effect the data on my phone. However t-mobile state quite clearly that......."the update will wipe your phone".

Why is it not available OTA?
  3. Kwozzii

Kwozzii Member

Just tried this - it starts the update then after a few seconds all I get is a yellow triangle and it says 'Update Failed'

Any ideas??

Kwozzii
  4. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

No ideas, but I did update it to the latest version myself with no problems at all.

As for not being available Over The Air, I suspect it has to do with the manufacturer and / or T-Mobile not wanting to spend the time making an upgrade package. Which is alright if they're already working on one to upgrade the phone to 2.0. Not good if they're not.
  5. Kwozzii

Kwozzii Member

Are there any big changes with this update - I mean, am I missing anything by not having it?

Kwozzii
  6. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

I doubt it Kwozzii

The change notes are non-existent, and I've noticed no difference. The Pulse is still slow at times, and I've noticed no additional options. I updated to try and fix a problem with my data connection (not fixed) so if your phone is running fine I can't see any reason to update.
  7. psionandy

psionandy Well-Known Member

Apparently it gives better audio quality... and fixes the bug where barcode apps just display a black screen when trying to scan barcodes.
  8. GenesisNemesis

GenesisNemesis Well-Known Member

So it is not a later version of android? just something t-mobile have cooked up themselves? I feel a little let down by t-mobile.