Purchase cheap used Droid for testing

Last Updated:

1. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know where I can find a used (or new) MotoDroid for a very cheap price for testing an app I am working on? I was hoping to spend under $100 for it. I don't even need any chargers or usb cables or anything. All I really need is the droid and the battery. And even then, I can always get a battery from Amazon for less than $5.

I will never be activating the phone and will be rooting and installing multiple different ROMs, as well as running stock to test my app. I don't feel comfortable testing on my personal phone due to the risk of breaking things.

Thanks,
    Kratos

Advertisement
  2. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Best bet would be eBay. Even then good condition droids aren't in the sub $200 category yet. Maybe you can find one with some wear or a cracked but working screen cheaper.

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

That's kind of what I was thinking. I want something that will still work, but aesthetics are not that important.

Thanks for the input.

Kratos

4. Jeff_T

Jeff_T Member

if you're not activating it I'd imagine you could get one with a bad esn or whatever that can't be activated for around that... could still use the Wifi if you need the net with it too.
    They are a bit pricey on eBay. I'd say check forum classified sections, that's where I got mine (crackberry) and it was a bit cheaper than eBay, and is in incredible condition. You could also check craigslist...