Purchased apps and factory reset

Last Updated:

1. pjavan

pjavan Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if there's anyway to backup purchased apps before doing a factory reset. I've gone a bit crazy with apps on my Droid and its slowed down quite a bit. I'd like to do a reset and restore some of my purchased apps that I still want around...

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

They'll still be in your download section of the market. All you have to do is redownload them. You won't have to pay again.

3. Thumper

Thumper Active Member

Why not just delete the apps you don't want?

Doing a factory wipe because you have too many apps is like re-installing Windows because you have a program you don't use anymore. ;)

I was told by the guy at my Verizon store that any apps purchased through the Verizon section were backed up in your backup center, but 3rd party apps MAY not let you re-download them, it's a case by case basis. Most should let you re-download, but some may make you pay again.

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I've never had to pay for anything I already paid for, and have done three resets due to exchanges...

5. pjavan

pjavan Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try a factory reset and see how that goes.

I wish that statement were true, but more often then not uninstalling programs does not get your system back to its previous state. It may get rid of the program, but registry settings and files can remain that affect performance.

Now it may be different on a Android, but the Windows reference I don't agree with.

6. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

I think that's a clueless CSR. The way I understand is google keeps a record of all your purchases based on your google login. So as long as you set the device up with the same gmail address it knows what you paid for and you just go to the downloaded apps section. Depending on when it last backed up to the cloud (seems once a day?) some stuff just pushes itself right back, but if not the downloaded spot is all there.