Purchasing Desire HD Through Orange AdviceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jonboy582

Jonboy582 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I am definitely getting the DHD the only question is when. I know Orange are sold out at the moment, but if I upgrade online then they will put me in a queue to get my phone ASAP.

I have searched around and the only company that can offer me a better deal is T-Mobile, however their coverage is poop everywhere I want to use it and the network sharing is only for voice and 2G not 3G.

With Orange I will have to pay

Advertisement
  2. arsenal_mjh

arsenal_mjh Active Member

T-Mobile's coverage is not that bad now that users can also pick up Orange 2G, when they loose their T-Mobile signal.

I'm on T-Mobile and my last phone had a poor signal in certain places (my home being one of them), but my signal on the DHD is much better, so I think it was mostly down to my phone (an LG Arena).

Anyway, as for not being in stock, when I order mine 2 weeks ago it was also out of stock and T-Mobile told me I could wait up to 5 weeks, yet it arrived last week. With a

3. Jonboy582

Thanks arsenal_mjh, T-Mobile would be fine for calls and email (thanks to Orange) but I use the internet on the device most at my work and girlfriends house. I have used their coverage map and the 3G connection is poor at best which is not what I would have liked.

The most annoying thing about it all, is that T mobile offer the most data allowance as well, I just wouldn't be able to use it lol.

4. WigglesGRN

WigglesGRN Well-Known Member

2 weeks ago i walked in to an orange shop and got one on a brand new contract. They do have them in stores but you need to search

5. franners

franners Well-Known Member

Go with mobiles.co.uk aka carphonewarehouse. You get a upgrade on Orange with a unbranded handset so no waiting for 3 months for Orange to frig the OS updates. Cheap deals too. I am a customer not affiliated.

6. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

yup mobiles.co.uk is where i got mine on orange :D

7. Jonboy582

I am a little confused, I get an upgrade on Orange? I.e. it updates my existing Orange contract or I start a fresh contract?

8. Jonboy582

Either way it looks like 02 have the best deal (after cashback has been applied). I have made a geeky spreadsheet with tariff costs and it turns out I can get an 18month contract at

9. Gadgie

Gadgie Well-Known Member

Hi,

I just ordered my HTC Desire HD today and got a cracking deal with Orange. Got the phone for free, getting 800mins unlimited texts, 500mb data and only paying

10. shiny_winey

shiny_winey Member

Got mine through Orange direct, phoned them on a Tues, badgered them on a Thurs - they said they were due in - rang Sat - they happily despatched and was mine on a Tuesday! So not so long to wait... that was about a month ago.

11. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

Online traditionally, you will have to wait.

Best off like most have said try stores...Reccommend keeping out of the city, go to small towns (Ie Barnsley lol) where demand won't be as great, bound to have some in.

12. Jonboy582

Thanks guys, I went to upgrade online, put all my card details hit, went through Visa payer authentication and the site crashed. Called up because I was annoyed and they gave me a better deal and a free phone lol.

I guess you may be seeing a hell of a lot more of me soon :).

13. Blanny

Blanny New Member

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has got a DHD off orange directly lately? Been on the upgrade waiting list for a little over a week now.

Cheers

14. Brettjmcc

Brettjmcc Member

Got mine this week. Ordered over the phone. My mate has also got one. Ordered Fri delievered yesterday.

For info the deal I got was phoning up. Websave Panther 35 that got reduced to

15. TechNet

TechNet New Member

16. Brettjmcc

Brettjmcc Member

Did it come with Orange maps for the DHD?

Interested, as if you go to the website, it says that it comes with branded phones, but its not available for download for unbranded. Ta

17. TechNet

TechNet New Member

Yes it came with Orange Maps!

Mines having so many issues tho its going back to them 2moro.
    Grrrr

18. Jonboy582

I have mine now and I love it although I hate the Orange s**t ware on it. TechNet you got a much better deal than me I am jealous and the performance issues can be fixed really easily, sending the phone back wont help.

Select Menu / Settings / Application / Development - Switch on USB Debugging.

P.s. encase anyone actually cares, I did not find that fix myself, I read it somewhere on the internet.

19. Jonboy582

Dont get me started on DPD they were USELESS, they made me so Angry. I sent them lots of emails and they ignored all of them telling me my phone was delayed due to adverse weather conditions. To summarise, they had actually lost my phone but had not thought to check that when I sent them the 4 complaint emails.

AVOID DPD AT ALL COSTS - THERE CUSTOMER SERVICES TEAM REPLY QUICKLY BUT ARE SEEMINGLY BRAIN DEAD AND UNABLE TO READ AN EMAIL!!!!