Purchasing G1 Soon but have questions, HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. adriantate3

adriantate3 New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, im really interested in the g1 but im not with tmobile (with cricket as of right now) so im confused on some things....

*with a 2 year contract i get the phone for about $180 right?

*on the contract are they making me use a certain plan or can i choose? (i saw one for about $30 that i wanna get, since i dnt really call until the weekends)

*since i dnt talk alot, im a text maniac, how much is unlimited texting for individual plans?

THANKS N ADVANCED

Advertisement
  2. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

1. yes
    2. you can choose, you also need a data plan for at least the first month
    3. don't know

3. blambu56

blambu56 Well-Known Member

I have the 39.99 plan for 600 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends. Since i dont text very often i went with the 25.00 data plan. Unlimited everything but text. Only 400 text with that plan. You can get unlimited everything for 35.00 data plan but to have the G1 you have to have some sort of data plan.

4. adriantate3

so wat am i going to be paying wen i get the 2 year contract? and i HAVE to get a data plan? see i was on cricket before, and my parents were payin $40 or so a month for my plan. i worked flex hours for about 3 months and now have alot of money, my parents said i could get a new phone as long as i bought it, n theyll pay monthly..but is it going to be alot more than $40? and can i cancel the data plan after 1st month? SORRY IF IM ASKING 2 MANY QUESTIONS X/

5. adien666

adien666 Well-Known Member

i too have the 39.99 plan of 600 min, unlimited nights and weekends, insurance, and the $35 data plan with unlimited text and it comes out to around 90 to 95 bucks!

6. adriantate3

ok insurance i can pay myself. do I HAVE to get a data plan tho? everywere i go i have wifi access 4 the most part, and plus its not that big a deal. all im concerned about is texting, media playback an apps.

7. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I'll second that, with other devices, internet is a feature, with this phone data connectivity is pretty much mandatory.

Put it this way, I lost data for half a day and my contacts disappeared and the location information stopped working, affecting a couple different apps.

With the cheapest MyFaves Plan (300 min)at $39.99 and the $25 data (400 text, unlimited data and T-Mo Hotspots) I'm paying $75 a month.

Besides which with WiFi on all day, you'll need to charge your phone about halfway through the day. This phone doesn't have a great battery and WiFi is one of the things that drains it the fastest.