Purchasing the G1General

Last Updated:

1. outamoney

outamoney New Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 20, 2009
    Hello people, I was just researching the best places to buy the g1 at, and then ran across your forum. I definitely want to buy this phone, but I've been having the damnedest trying. I was hoping maybe some of you could answer a couple questions of mine...

1. I originally wanted to buy the phone through amazon, after hearing about their price cut. Well I found out that they don't offer the 30 $/mo plan (no biggie) or the flex payment options. As it turns out you can downgrade your service plan after 6 months, but I guess my credit check turned up unsatisfactory and consequently my request for service was declined by tmobile. This happened twice. Both times about five minutes after completion of the order I got an email from amazon notifying me of the cancellation. Called amazon, they said it was on tmobile's side. Called tmobile, who's rep had no idea wtf he was talking about, and claimed that flex pay was the only service I was eligible for, which apperently is easier on the credit check. Well, as I stated before, amazon doesn't offer any variation of the flex payment option, leaving me SOL. Has anybody here successfully ordered their phone through amazon?

2. After that ordeal, I began to look for the next best place came across this coupon (http://phandroid.com/2009/03/12/g1-costco) for 100$ off the g1 at CostCo. I noticed the source of the info came from here(webby), so if you're reading, thank you sir. but... Will CostCo actually take this coupon printed out? and if so Has anyone clarified what the final price is? I know there was a few respones (79.99 129.99....)

Sorry this ended up longer than I thought....Hope I didnt discourage anyone but thank you for those of you that did read and thank you to any and all help.

2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I haven't used either of these methods, but I've seen posts all over the web about people's success purchasing a G1 through both of them. It all comes down to the credit check. If you're credit isn't good enough, you won't get approved. Plain and simple. I know people that had no problem getting credit cards get declined by T-Mobile. Every company has their own standards.