• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure music widget

I have to try this, love you pure cal app btw!

One question, does it support id3v2-tags or is it just v1 because in every widget/player i've tried i always end up with songs that just say "unrecognized".

If not i would really love if you could fix that as maybe 80% of my collection only has id3v2.

Thanks!

I really don't know. It depends how android scan MP3 files... and I think it depends of Android version.
In my widget, I read the media database. So if the current player (which is doing the same thing) doesn't show anything, I think my widget won't display anything.

EDIT : after analysis, it seems to be only ID3 2.4 which is problematic with Android. 2.3 seems to works fine (cf http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1057)

Upvote 0
Koxx. Outstanding++! b8 works like a charm on eris, art, controls, skins. All look great. Great work and amazing response time. 5 days from draft to final gem. Very admirable.

One last reqest...I would like to run moonspoon skin on it like my pure cal. How can I get that to work on pure music?

:p

for skin, download a skin, and look at skin structure on sdcard (/sdcard/.org.koxx.xxx/), it's very simple to create/edit a new skin.

Upvote 0
:p

for skin, download a skin, and look at skin structure on sdcard (/sdcard/.org.koxx.xxx/), it's very simple to create/edit a new skin.

Ok figured it out. I copied all the skins from the pure cal widget file to the pure music file to get them to show up in pure music skin window. Thanks again Koxx! I am using 4x3 pure cal on top and 4x1 pure music on bottom with same skin and it looks great. Kinda wish pure cal was scrollable though so I could scroll past bottom event. Any chance of that happening?

Upvote 0
Ok figured it out. I copied all the skins from the pure cal widget file to the pure music file to get them to show up in pure music skin window. Thanks again Koxx! I am using 4x3 pure cal on top and 4x1 pure music on bottom with same skin and it looks great. Kinda wish pure cal was scrollable though so I could scroll past bottom event. Any chance of that happening?

Scrolling is not handled by Android OS for widgets.
So ... it can only be simulated with buttons ... which is ugly and slow.

Upvote 0
What about bookmarks widget for eris? It scrolls within the widget via finger slide. Dunno if this is an HTC Sense innovation or if it can be duplicated, but it works amazing and smooth.

Eris use HTC Sense launcher. This is NOT the stock Android launcher, and no public API is provided to use this specific launcher properties.

There is absolutly no widget with scrolling function with the stock Android laucnher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones