Push email problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Using the stock Messenging app with the universal inbox. I have a couple of IMAP accounts setup and push turned on. Something odd happens to the Messenging app that prevents it from getting mail. It will hang quite often to the point where no mail is received at all until it gets unstuck (sometimes up to a half hour). If I go into the email account, it shows the spinning arrows as if it is trying to sync, but it just spins.

At first, I tried all the usual troubleshooting. I removed and re-added the e-mail accounts. I turned push off and on. I rebooted. I tried just about everything I could think of, but this has been going on since I got the Droid X. I made sure it was set to sync even when wifi is off.

I'm not sure what is causing it to hang, but I removed and added each account and it's still happening. Eventually, I'll get the emails but sometimes it takes a half hour or more before it frees itself up. I can't even use a Task killer to kill the messenger app because when I open it back up, the arrows are still spinning.

Anyone else notice this or have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Agfox

Agfox Active Member

Yup. It has happened twice affecting both my Exchange account and another IMAP account. Rebooting seems to have fixed it both times for me. I still can't send email on the IMAP account, but that's not critical yet. On the moto forums they have suggested using the mail app Touchdown as it seems to work better than the stock mail apps. But I really don't want to pay 20 dollars for a core app...

If they don't get these Exchange problems sorted out very soon I'm going to have to return the device. I can't miss work emails.

3. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, it definitely appears to be an issue with the stock messaging app because I downloaded K9 and added the same accounts and it's been fine so far. Hopefully, this will be addressed with an update. But having reliable push email is something many of us depend on.

4. waxings

waxings Active Member

Do any of you see any changes when changing your settings to push? I had this setting for the first few days and noticed faster battery drain?