Push gmail questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ubertoast

ubertoast Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my incredible today, have it setup with my gmail. Something I noticed is my emails take anywhere from 1-5+ minutes to pop up on my phone. This is my first android so I don't know if something is wrong. I have sync enabled, not sure what else it could be.

Advertisement
  2. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

I can't speak for Android, but I know that Microsoft Outlook and Mail from mac, all take a little bit to push the notification. I would assume that if the phone constantly refreshed every second your battery would be dead in no time. Now if that is something you want, maybe there is an option in settings, like Microsoft Outlook and Mail, where you can set up how frequently it refreshes.

This is just a guess, as my phone is sitting at the Fedex facility.

3. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

Did you set it up in the HTC mail app or the gmail app?

4. polo2883

polo2883 Well-Known Member

When I had my Eris. I would get my gmail on my phone faster than on my gmail web interface.

5. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

I set up both. The Gmail app grabs the new emails faster but I prefer the HTC app overall I think. It's going to be a tough call. :)

6. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I'm using the Gmail app and I get my e-mails within 5-10 secs. I also use the Mail application from HTC and it pushes my Outlook within 5-10 secs as well.

7. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

you get your mail much faster with the gmail app so i disabled the htc mail app even though its pretty cool

8. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

My push email doesn't seem to be working as fast as I'd like either. I currently have a Yahoo email and just signed up for a Gmail account, but since the Inc only pushes gmail, I'll switch over to gmail full time.