Push Notifications?

Last Updated:

1. chad_b

chad_b Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else not getting Gmail or Google Voice notifications? I had to manually refresh my Google Voice yesterday, and got 3 messages from 4 hours before.

Today, I had two new email messages and a new text message, but nothing as far as notifications on my Droid.

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Go to "Settings" and "Accounts and Sync".....is your gmail set to sync automatically?

3. chad_b

Everything is still checked to sync automatically and to accept updates. I was getting notifications up until a few days ago.

Funny thing though: I set up my Yahoo account through the corporate email app and it still checks every hour, the setting that I chose.

4. sn0skier

sn0skier Active Member

Yeah, I've been having the same problem. First I had push gmail and pull google voice sms :/ . Then they came out with the push update and I had push gmail and google voice :) . Then after a day or two it stopped working and I have pull gmail and pull google voice sms :(. On a side note, the "refresh every 5 minutes" setting in the old google voice never worked that well for me either, and I have other problems with google voice calls failing for apparently no reason, and then working all of a sudden. I am using the cyanogen mod 4.2.14 on a G1. What are you using?

5. chad_b

Android 2.0.1 on Moto Droid. I confirmed that a friend of mine with the same phone and version of Android is experiencing the same thing.

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Same phone and version of Android but no problems here. Just tested SMS and had instant notification on the Droid.

Not really funny. It indicates that sync is working properly but Yahoo isn't Google so it's not inconceivable that you could have problems with one service but not another.

7. chad_b

Well, I didn't mean literally funny ;)

Today, it seems intermittent about getting notifications. Dunno...

8. chad_b

Push notifications are back...in case anyone wanted to know. :)