push system apps to sd

Last Updated:

1. noonanjs

noonanjs Active Member This Topic's Starter

I finaly have app to as working on the custom rom but certain apps were not moved after I flashed does anyone know the root commands to push apps from the system to the sd ?

Advertisement
  2. elguapo76

elguapo76 Well-Known Member

It does it automatically for me. I believe it keeps part of all apps in the ROM.

3. noonanjs

noonanjs Active Member This Topic's Starter

All of the apps I have downloaded were but certain system apps like navigation and sprint tv were not

4. pking

pking Well-Known Member

You'll find that almost all of the default HTC applications stayed in /system, as well as most of the Sprint applications (the ones that weren't removed anyway). The logic behind this, I believe, being that these apps aren't available on the market so there's no need for them to be in a read/write partition. The apps that did get moved out have market versions, and were moved to make them easier to update.

Also, since they're stored in /system which is all OS and other static files, you don't gain anything by moving them out. You don't get to use that space under normal circumstances, so there's no reason to 'free it up'