push to talkGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 23, 2010
    Not sure if this is a topic visited before, but being a former Nextel user back in the day I always appreciated PTT. I have friends who can now get free access to PTT with their blackberries (bold) with a promotional code, though I'm not sure. (Verizon)

It would by ideal that an app would exist, but hearing that the linkage between the blackberry's will soon all be based on their pin numbers I'm not sure....not even sure if eris is capable with hardware specs. IMHO seeing these ridiculous phones comes out or soon to be coming out that seem to me incapable, or since I really don't know right now they aren't advertised as so :confused:

I have seen some walkie-talkie apps and the Motorola i1 but nothing substantial. I think that maybe even for the sake of advertising, (especially with Apple's half-ass 4.0 release) Verizon, Google, or HTC could even advertise PTT as just being one more thing a.k.a reason to buy their phone.

Small rant, sorry :eek: but any info would be appreciated.

2. antnyp85

antnyp85 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    I haven't found anything like that yet. My best friend was just playing with his new walkie talkie app for his blackberry, and I'm jealous haha. Hopefully they do come out with something like that for our phone.
  3. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Virtual Walkie Talkie, it's free. The other side nees to have it as well. It's not the same but probably as close as we have for now.