1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Pushing contacts2.db and telephony.db back onto the phone

1. Kalnor

Kalnor Member

Hi

I've had a problem of being stuck in a bootloop with my Desire. Fortunately I was able to retrieve my messages, contacts and call logs by pulling them by adb shell. I wiped all data and flashed the same ROM. Then I tried to push the files back into the same directories. The mmssms.db pushed in fine and the messages are all restored but contacts2.db and telephony.db don't seem to take effect.

I have tried opening them with SQliteman to make sure that the data is in there and it is so I can't figure out what's going wrong.

The paths I'm using are:

/data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/contacts2.db
    /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db
    /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

so my commands look like this

adb push contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/contacts2.db

etc.

The files on my computer have the same name as the files in the local phone directories.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Try

adb push contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db

Then check the settings in the contacts app - mine (default android, not Sense) has a "Display options" setting which controls which "groups" of contacts are displayed, and when I've wiped this is often set so that by default it doesn't display the majority of my contacts.
  3. Kalnor

Kalnor Member

I tried that location and also didn't help.

Why is my /data folder in the root directory empty??? Every time I push the files in there through adb check location and they are there and if I connect again and check then the folder is empty.

Whats the issue with this?
  4. Hadron

Have you tried mounting it?

Or try something else: copy the file to your SD card then use a root capable file manager app to copy it into the right place on the phone.
  5. Kalnor

Kalnor Member

Such a silly thing but fixed the problem! Thanks very much! :]
  6. Hadron

Excellent - that's what we like to hear :)