• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Put 4G LTE on android 4.4.3

ibanarriola

Lurker
Jun 12, 2014
Hello,

I want to add 4G to my phone. I check on the web but I only see solutions for 4.4.2 and I test them and is not working in 4.4.3. Someone knows how can I make it work?

I really don't know why they make it more difficult to make that with the new version... it should be even easier! :mad:

LTE on the Nexus 4 only works on Band 4, which is the 1700/2100 aws band. It could be that you applied what was needed, but your carrier doesn't carry LTE on that frequency.

Thanks for the reply,

No I follow the instructions but I get an error while following the procedure... In the error message it says that it was only for android 4.4.1 an 4.4.2. But I didn't found any other way to make it for 4.4 version.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply... this one seems to make something but I still doesn't have any result. The apk works well since it install the moden that I selected. But still I don't have lte... Do you know what moden I should select?

BTW I am in belgium and the 4g frequency of the signal provider is 1800. So there shouldn't be any problem with this right?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply... this one seems to make something but I still doesn't have any result. The apk works well since it install the moden that I selected. But still I don't have lte... Do you know what moden I should select?

BTW I am in belgium and the 4g frequency of the signal provider is 1800. So there shouldn't be any problem with this right?

You won't be able to pick up lte on the 1800 MHz frequency (band 3). The only frequency the Nexus 4 supports is 1700/2100 (band 4).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones