Put me to sleepTips

Last Updated:

1. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like to put my EVO to sleep after using it and before I put it back in my jacket pocket or belt case. But I'm really getting tired of having to push the on/off button to do it. Plus I'm concerned that I'll eventually shorten the life on the button with as many times as I push it.

Having said that, are there any apps/widgets to put the phone to sleep instead of using the button. I've searched the market and appbrain and found nothing. I've done a general google search and found nothing.

Of course I could have been searching using the wrong terms so please don't flame me if there's something obvious.

Any ideas? :eek:

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. dcrim

dcrim Member

You could set the screen timeout to 15 seconds. Go to menu - settings - Sound & display - screen timeout.

3. rsa

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that but since I use the phone a lot I found that setting the timer to a short time I was continuing waking it back up, even more then I'm putting it to sleep and so I had to go back to a longer timer.

4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just found a decent timeout that worked for me. If I want to turn it off earlier I just hit the button and pocket it.

5. rsa

I guess I should clarify a little, on mine I have a BestBuy silicone skin that's a little stiff and so the area that is over the on/off button makes it a little hard to hit the already somewhat recessed button and so in addition to turning it on and off a lot I'm also poking at it a lot with my thumbnail to try and find the button in the first place.

That's why it would be so nice to just have a "sleep app" :rolleyes: