• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Put second screen to sleep while holstered

sreum

Android Enthusiast
Apr 2, 2011
michigan
Well not sure if anyone's ran across this as I couldn't find anything on it in a search.

But the second screen can be actively turned on in the settings and when holstered it will turn off.

The trick is to have a holster that covers the proxy sensor thats located just to the right of the ear speaker.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about, tap the power button so the main screen turns off but the second screen is on.
Then place a finger over the sensor. You'll see the second screen turn off.

I've tested it out with different clothes and leathers and get the same response. I also tried it out with my holsters material. Unfortunately for me, my holster leaves the sensor uncovered, but if I put the phone into it upside down, I see the second screen turn off.

Enjoy!
Hope this helps.

Reactions: papu4ara and KOLIO

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones