Putting it all out in the open

Last Updated:

1. R_Sparkk

R_Sparkk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I am a human being.

I am new to this forum, and tomorrow I am buying my very... first... smartphone... ever... I know, big deal. Tmobile MyTouch, and I'm pretty invested.

From what I've looked at:
    How To: Root the MyTouch 3G or G1 in One Click! | TheUnlockr
    ^seems to be extremely simple, very helpful. I can't wait to try it.

But from what else I've read, I get the impression that there are certain... "things" I should be aware of before I "make a move." If indeed I purchase my phone, and wait for the data plan to kick in, are there any cards, installs, details that I might do well do look out for OR take care of before my install?

Just want a clean getaway, so to speak. I appreciate any attention this topic gets.

R

Advertisement
  2. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

going through everything on the MT3G is pretty straight forward. The only thing i would recommend is just to make sure if of which version you get, the MT3G original or 1.2(3.5mm jack version). The 1.2 has a different method you have to use to gain root access. Other than that though you should be all set other than maybe picking up a larger micro sd. Personally the one that came with it has been more than enough for me but some people prefer a larger card. Hope this helps

R_Sparkk likes this.
  3. R_Sparkk

R_Sparkk Active Member This Topic's Starter

That was very reassuring.

I think I am getting the 1.2, though. If the video I reposted isn't the best one for the MT3G 1.2, do you know off-hand where a suitable one can be found? I'll start looking around on this site.

edit: wait, is the MT3G 1.2 = MT3G slide, am I correct? If so, then I'm getting the non-keyboarded version, next phone after the G1 with-phone-chin.

4. Ngo93

Ngo93 Well-Known Member

I'd recommend getting the Slide isntead, it's a lot better than the regular MT3G. Or wait for the Samsung Galaxy S or the Project Emerald's 'Sidekick Twist' being released in a few months.

5. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

1.2 is the updated MT3G, the slide is a seperate phone

6. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Get a class 6 SD card ... it helps a lot