Putting Music on HTC DesireTips

Last Updated:

1. mobily

mobily Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 5, 2010

I have posted numerous questions on here previously regarding the issue of getting music onto the HTC Desire with album art and thought it only fair to post how I have got on.

I have approximately 300 CDs that I was looking to fit onto my 16gb memory card and I wanted to make sure that I chose the best method possible.

I decided to use itunes to rip my music to 128kb aac, mainly due to the size issue as that should fit my collection onto the phone quite nicely with some space spare for future music.

I have only ripped about 10 CDs so far but wanted to make sure I could get them onto the Desire before I ripped them all!

I downloaded a program called itunes agent for my laptop, which is available from the following link:

iTunes Agent

I then used the guide in the following link to help me sync my desire with itunes so that all my music transferred over:

How to sync the HTC Desire with iTunes - Know Your Cell

Once the desire had stopped syncing I checked that the music was on the phone using the stock music player. Result the music was there with the artists and album titles all showing correctly!

The only downside, no album art! It would look nice to have all my albums with the art cover showing so I checked the android market and found a great little free app called album art grabber.

This found all the art instantly and now the 10 CDs are showing in the music app with art.

Lastly, the music sounds great and I am well on my way to having my entire collection in my pocket! :)

Captainblack likes this.
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Great thread for the Tips and Trick area for the Desire, Mobily; I've moved it there for you.