• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Putting Tab 2 Into Download Mode

JamesJoey

May 2, 2012
I want to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
I tried putting it into Download Mode but it hung at Downloading... for 15 minutes. So I rebooted.
I have since put it into Developer mode, but haven't tried it again
What settings does the device need to be in to get it into Download Mode?

I wasn't aware I had another post here. Subscribed thread don't seem to bring up all my threads.
Anyway.
I finally got it rooted!

What app should I install to flash roms?

I'm very new to this.

How do I know what roms are compatible with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 p3113?

I was talking about the post you putt saying that you had rooted and now wanted some tools. I put a link in that thread, to the XDA forums that have a lot of ROMs and other goodies.

Edit: oh, the p3113 is compatible with the 3110. I think the only difference is that the 3113 had an infrared receiver. So when you are looking at ROMs, any one that says 3110, or 311x will be compatible. Sometimes you might even see 31xx, that will also be compatible.

Upvote 0
Also, first decide what you want from a ROM. If it's just to have a custom ROM, you should forget it. If you want a faster ROM, or a ROM that conserves the battery better (the two are mutually exclusive - the faster you run the CPU, the more battery it consumes), look for a ROM that does that.

Usually, though, most of what people want in a ROM can be done by installing an app or 5 - without the risk of bricking the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones