Putting Videos on Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. bumpylemon

bumpylemon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so im trying to put tv shows and music videos for my son on my droid x. i try and add them direct through the the computer in a folder....says do you want to convert...ive done converting and non converting (the files are mkv and avi) only one video worked so far. whats the easiest way to put videos on here? i have no trouble with mp3s (mp4s)

Advertisement
  2. bumpylemon

bumpylemon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well i downloaded handbreak and i am converting them....can the droid not play .avi files? when i convert its knocking the filesize down by alot.

3. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member

well I believe android only play's .mp4 video files. You have to convert them to the 854x480 in mp4 ACC video format. I can send you this program for free and give you registration code if you would like. But to watch an .avi movie on the droid it must be converted to .mp4 and also changing it's size to 854x480 will make it full screen so you can use all the available screen space.

Ultimate DVD Converter, Video Converter, DVD + Video Converter Suite

bumpylemon likes this.
  4. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

I used handbrake and they play on the X. However, the audio is off from the video, anybody else have this problem?

5. sjones765

sjones765 Well-Known Member

Not here, using the iphone setting and it comes out fine.

6. tw1st3d5

tw1st3d5 New Member

I just transfered an avi movie to my phone and it works just fine. I open it via Astro and it starts to play.

7. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

Thats interesting, maybe I"ll try the iPhone setting. I modified the settings a little bit :/

8. jp3_99

jp3_99 Active Member

From what I understood the x should be able to play divx and avi videos. Which i guess is the case, but for me the audio is far from synced with the video and a couple of the avi's just dont play at all.

Was I just reading all the reviews before the x came out wrong or where they not saying it could play them just fine?

9. mailber350

mailber350 New Member

the video and audio formats compatible with Droid x:
    Resolution: 480 x 854 pixels
    Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DIVX, XVID
    Music: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WAV, MIDI

If your video or TV shows are not Droid x playable video formats, you have to transcode them to the video formats listed above. When you google Droid x video converter, you will find Aunsoft Video Converter is the google recommended program. I have tested it, safe and good.

hope it helps you.

10. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

I watch AVI files on the DX every once in awhile.. Its usually hit or miss on whether they work or not. Ive had problems pausing, texting with handcent, then going back to the movie though. It makes the sound and picture off sync and can only be fixed by starting the movie over and playing it from the beginning. Really annoying.