Puzzle-Unlock, Google Voice SMS and more...Support

Last Updated:

1. rfound

rfound Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, so its day 3 of my time with the captivate... so far so good. coming from my iPhone 2g, I will say the device is amazingly fast by comparison... Also, I have been able to make and receive calls from my office and my in-laws house... two places that had been frustrating dead-zones before. So I am happy.

Now, I'm switching over to Google Voice for my SMS, since its free, usable on desktop, etc...

I am also using LauncherPro as my Launcher.

I am not rooted and don't really plan on rooting.

A couple Questions:

I LOVE the puzzle-piece unlock when there is a Text waiting, is there any way to have this become the standard unlock screen?

Or, alternatively, can I at least get it to work for texts waiting on google voice? Any way to expand the puzzle functions to include email?

Is there a good Google Talk widget?

Is there something I can change to improve facebook notifications? It seems I don't get any, unless I open the app. I tried the widget, but that seems to be just a news feed. Am I missing some setting for push notifications?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

The puzzle lock is designed to show you things you missed - the immediate stuff - voice calls and text messages. No way to add email, but then it is usually a given that you have a bunch of email waiting.

I don't know of anyway to enhance this, or add google SMS to it, but you should get notifications in the notification bar.