• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Puzzling newbie question

34209ron

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
Ok,out of the blue a new widget just appeared on my home screen. It resembles a notepad with a green handset in the corner. When launched it is like a shortcut to your contacts,only it shows them through a transparent background. My question is how is this possible but more puzzling is that i have searched through all apps and widgets and there is no sign of it anywhere. I actually like it and dont want to delete it. But am curious as to how it got there and why it does not show up anywhere . The widget is labeled phones btw. Thanks for any help

Ok,out of the blue a new widget just appeared on my home screen. It resembles a notepad with a green handset in the corner. When launched it is like a shortcut to your contacts,only it shows them through a transparent background. My question is how is this possible but more puzzling is that i have searched through all apps and widgets and there is no sign of it anywhere. I actually like it and dont want to delete it. But am curious as to how it got there and why it does not show up anywhere . The widget is labeled phones btw. Thanks for any help

That is a shortcut icon to Phones. You can create it by long pressing an empty space on your screen. Select Folder, then select Phones. There are other options there as well.

Welcome to the forums btw.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Thanks Slayer. Never thought about the folder. Any idea of how it would just appear out of nowhere though. Half my mystery solved. thanks again

Well, a rogue user? playing with your phone? Iphone User trying to trip you out. More then likely maybe accentually added it by touching the screen not knowing it was on?....that is a mystery, we may never solve.

Upvote 0
yeah my guess is you had it in your pocket or hand and did a long press whilst the screen was on.

i dont have any icons on any of my screens and once or twice i have accidentally added an icon due to one of the above happening.. just long press, and drop it in the rubbish bin to remove.. or drag and hold and move it to another screen if you want.. the choice is yours!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones