• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PVT4 + Gapps

Judderman

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
Right, first post on the forums, so hopefully everything is ok...

Basically I've recently bought a HTC Desire, and instantly wanted to root it. I quickly found out that there was a difference between the older and newer phones, and I have the latter PVT4 40,000 erasesize. After much confusion, I have rooted my phone with recovery_RA-desire-v2.0.0-CM, and flashed it with cm_bravo_full-30.

Personally, I love the cyanogen mods, however when I've flashed it, it doesn't have android market included, and I'm a bit perplexed by all the choices of gapps files out there. I tried one, wiped the data and followed all the instructions, to end up with boot loop, so reflashed the phone.

Question is, 1) Is there anyway of installing gapps? 2) Which file would I specifically download or how would i know? and 3) Is there anything special I have to do with it being PVT4?

I realise it's probably a bit of newbie question, but I'm struggling to find much information on the PVT4 phones, and even less so on how to get gapps onto PVT4. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide

PVT4 is just a different NAND chip (flash memory) and erase size 40,000 just means bigger blocks in flash

The only thing it affects is which recovery you use (you did well there although amonRA 2.0.1 is better) here.. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20471345/SUroot/Tools/Android/Recovery/recovery-RA_2.0.1.img

It does not affect gapps itself. Having the wrong recovery will mean you cant backup, restore etc and may have issues flashing things too.

Here is the gapps you want to flash from recovery... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20471345/SUroot/Apps/flashable/gapps-gb-20110115-signed.zip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones