PXS4DROID issues

Last Updated:

1. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Downloaded psx4droid and was superpsyched as i hit "buy". Got it up, bios installed, loaded legend of legaia, and slow and horrible audio. Has anyone else tried on stock Droid? I forced 2.2 and thought it'd be snappy for sure. Think this'll be fixed with updates? I'm tempted to root now just to get this app running fast. Is it possible to root with the brand new update installed? Any info appreciated, thanx guys and gals!!! (PS, Froyo is not quite as snappy overall as i thought it would/should be).

Advertisement
  2. Danielson2047

Could it be a bad ROM?

3. Danielson2047

No takers?

4. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

I have had problems with several roms. Almost all play a bit slow. The sound is almost always behind or choppy. Crash Bandicoot gets up to full speed for a bit then lags again. That's the only one of maybe 10 I tried that ran smooth at any point. I hope things get better with updates, but who knows. The games that I got to work are definitely playable, but for $6, I'm a little dissappointed. And for what its worth I am rooted, overclocked to at least 1-1.2 ghz and have not noticed a difference.

5. Danielson2047

That makes me feel better. I just downloaded FF7, and it runs flawlessly. So, maybe we should just assume its buggy and wait for some updates? I've pretty much decided not to root at this point, so guess its my only option :)

6. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

Crash works for me really well and ff7,chronocross,resident evil 2, and parasite eve. I'm actually quite impressed with this emulator. But my standards aren't set too high, I've blown six bucks on a lot less that's for sure.