• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Danielson2047

Android Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2010
Portage, WI
Downloaded psx4droid and was superpsyched as i hit "buy". Got it up, bios installed, loaded legend of legaia, and slow and horrible audio. Has anyone else tried on stock Droid? I forced 2.2 and thought it'd be snappy for sure. Think this'll be fixed with updates? I'm tempted to root now just to get this app running fast. Is it possible to root with the brand new update installed? Any info appreciated, thanx guys and gals!!! (PS, Froyo is not quite as snappy overall as i thought it would/should be).

I have had problems with several roms. Almost all play a bit slow. The sound is almost always behind or choppy. Crash Bandicoot gets up to full speed for a bit then lags again. That's the only one of maybe 10 I tried that ran smooth at any point. I hope things get better with updates, but who knows. The games that I got to work are definitely playable, but for $6, I'm a little dissappointed. And for what its worth I am rooted, overclocked to at least 1-1.2 ghz and have not noticed a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones