• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Q about new Korean Nexus One

Chrono4

Lurker
Jun 17, 2010
Now that the Nexus One launched in Korea, newswire.co.kr is reporting something about KT Telecom USIM being released for use overseas. I'm trying to figure out if this means I can use a Korean Nexus One in other countries that support USIM, or if a KT USIM can be put into foreign phones. My Korean is rusty and Google Translate isn't much help, so if any one is good at Korean:

구글 넥서스원은 USIM 국내 잠금장치(USIM Country-lock)가 해제돼 출시되므로, 고객이 단말을 해외에 갖고 나가더라도 현지 사업자의 USIM을 꽂아 바로 사용할 수 있어 편리하다.

Basically I would love to buy a Korean Nexus one, since I live in a Korea, and be able to hook it up to T-Mob or someone when I'm back in the States. I hope that's what the article means. Anyone know?

Because nexus one's country lock has unlocked, you can use nexus one on any carrier.

However, nexus one that was selled out side of korea, you should get some certificate in KT or SKT to use your nexus one in Korea. Certification process is not difficult but this can take time.
I recommend you to buy nexus one on KT and you can use your phone in any other country include Korea.
It will cost 699000won.

Sorry for poor English!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones