• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps [Q] Background image on activity does not show up on one specific phone type.

VX70

Lurker
Oct 17, 2012
In the app I am developing one of my activities uses a png image from the drawable folder for the android:background attribute of a layout that takes up the entire screen for this activity. In the emulator on various virtual machines and on every single screen size option in the XML preview screen Eclipse it looks perfect. On my Evo 4G LTE and several other phones it also looks exactly as expected. However, when testing on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running the official 4.1.1 from Verizon the background image does not load at all. Instead it is just black. When I debug on that phone no error or warnings appear in Logcat or in the console. After searching for about an hour online I haven't found a single other person ever experiencing this before. Does anyone have any idea what is happening here and how I can fix it? Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones