[q] facebook app

Last Updated: 2014-09-01 10:22:20
  1. eeiieeiio

eeiieeiio Member

Can someone help me please.

My Facebook app went funny last night, it wouldn't show my friends pictures and wouldn't come out of refresh. So I logged out, turned off my wireless connection, rebooted my phone, turned on the wireless and tried to log back in. I was met with this error:

Login Failed
    Sorry, login failed to reach facebook servers. Please check your network connection or try again later.
    ( org.bouncycastle.jce.exception.
    ExtCertPathValidatorException: IssuerName(OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority, O="VeriSign, Inc.", CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign, OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3, OU="VeriSign, Inc.", O=VeriSign Trust Network) of signing certificate. [javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException])

It is still the same after uninstalling and re-installing the app

Advertisement
  2. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

Settings > Apps > Facebook

then clear cache and clear data.

Then try again.
  3. eeiieeiio

eeiieeiio Member

Already tried that before uninstalling.
  4. SmasherDK

SmasherDK Member

I have the excact same problem... Started yesterday.

Tried 2 differents Wifi's and my 3G connection.
    Can't log in with facebook app, Friendcaster etc. Can't sync my facebook contacts. So I removed the sync account, and tried to add it again (Facebook for HTC Sense) But cannot log in there either.

But m.facebook.com in browser is working fine, same on my laptop.

HTC Desire
    Revolution Rom 4.0
  5. eeiieeiio

eeiieeiio Member

Could it be something to do with removing non-essential apps which may have had a knock on affect?
  6. obi8

obi8 New Member

i have the same problem too. exact same error message and everything. alternative apps like hootsuite, won't work either. but going to FB via browser works fine. just apps... tried on mobile and wifi connections and no luck. started yesterday as well, after logging off. ever since, it wouldn't let me log back in. even tried factory resetting...
  7. eeiieeiio

eeiieeiio Member

If no alternative apps work, you could try wiping your phone and reinstalling the rom. If the same happens then facebook must have made some changes that affect devices from communicating with their servers with the obvious exception of browsers and pc browsers.
  8. SmasherDK

SmasherDK Member

eeiieeiio likes this.
  9. f1usgp

f1usgp Active Member

Didn't work me.
  10. mail2laveen

mail2laveen New Member

Check your date & time, and update to current.

it will work.