• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Q] HELP - HTC Desire Stuck on the HTC logo screen

amitk47

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
Here is what happened: I just rooted my phone using unrevoked3 and downloaded Rom Manager From the Market, then I pressed Backup Current Rom. After loading for a while the phone started rebooting endlessly! It always gets stuck on the HTC logo screen and then it tries to reboot again! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

How do I do that??
I am really new to this...
How do I get to recovery?

From off, Hold Volume down and press Power. This boots you to the Bootloader. There is a recovery option here. You need to use volume up and down to navigate the menu, then power to select the recovery option. This then loads your custom recovery. Now you can use the track ball to navigate the recovery menu

Reactions: amitk47
Upvote 0
What actually is your problem?

Nobody has posted to this thread for 4 years, and "phone not booting" can be caused by an awful lot of things, so if you could give us the full history (what phone, whether you've made any modification, what you did before the problem started, what exactly the symptoms are, and what you've already tried to do to fix it) that will help a lot.

Upvote 0
I was using my HTC Desire Z A7272. Then I wipe its data using VOLUME DOWN+POWER KEY,
Then i wipe its data and after this I select REBOOT NOW. After this it has stuck on its HTC LOGO screen and I am unable to do anything, My phone is not rooted and I dont care for my data. Please guide me step by step if there is any way to make it working again, I searched this problem but can't find anything helpful. I have tried to update from zip but there are errors in the zip files, Please guide me what to do. And suggest the websites to download the correct firmware for this device.

Singh Emmy,

Upvote 0
Ok, this forum is actually for a different phone (the original Desire), so I'm not an expert on the Z. But you've left a few things out: why were you wiping data in the first place, what zip were you using? Usually wiping data is supposed to fix problems like this, and should never cause them, so there's something else going on here. If you didn't modify the phone might anyone else have? We see people who think their phone wasn't modified but bought it from someone else who had made changes they didn't know about.

Before we can suggest firmware we need to know more about the phone. What country, possibly what network, and if possible what software version? At least what does it say on the bootloader screen (the one you got to with volume +power) - hboot version, radio/baseband, any other info? If you know how to use fastboot then "fastboot getvar all" and post the results (apart from IMEI and serial number) here. This is information which will help us find the correct firmware for you.

Upvote 0
An engineering sample? Where did you get that? Installing fastboot (http://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/) on your computer and doing "fastboot getvar all" might be helpful, as I've no idea what the cid for that might be (that's why I was asking for country and network - not where it was made but where it was made for, as that determines what firmware packages will work). But an engineering device may be flexible in that respect - you don't see them often, so I don't have experience with these.

Sep 2010 implies a very early software build for the Z. Will see what I can find when I have a chance to search properly.

Upvote 0
Sorry about the delay - very busy couple of days.

There is a collection of ROM Update Utilities for the Desire Z here. I don't know whether you'll need to find one that matches your country/region/language if you have that bootloader, but that's why I asked those questions (or the "fastboot getvar all" command, which would give the most precise answer to that). But look at the last few numbers of your "radio" version above and compare that with the same bits of the "radio" info in the filename, e.g. RUU_Vision_Gingerbread_S_HTC_WWE_2.42.405.3_Radio_12.56.60.25_26.10.04.03_M_release_224299_signed.exe is newer than your current one because the radio is 26.10.04.03 rather than 26.03.02.26_M. You won't be able to install one that is older than your current version.

To use an RUU, download it to a Windows PC, put the phone in fastboot mode (which you can access from the bootloader), connect to the PC via usb and run the RUU .exe file on the PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones