• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Q] Help!!! I think i may have bricked my i9000m

callous-1

Lurker
Sep 26, 2010
Hi All,

I'm using a bell i9000m. I accidentaly deleted the update.zip from the sd card after playing around with the voodoo fix. I decided to reflash the stock ROM JH2 with pit512. When i boot the device it passes the galaxy s screen and then the screen goes black. When i enter the recovery mode and i try to apply the update.zip but it obviously fails because its not there. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is not having the update.zip file preventing me from booting normally?

Thanks

So true my mom and grandparents always get mad bcuz all i do is mess with my phone and upgrade it lol
They dont understand the way we do what we do

This Song Rocks:
Forever Given Forever You
By: Evanescence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naI5swhuoeI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sometimes I think I need to goto AA, and not the one you're thinking of, I'm talking about Android Anonymous. xD
Ok, I think that's enough off topic discussion for now lol.
There's fewer and fewer bugs to discuss now, other than the usual bugs that still persist in quattrimus.

EDIT!
I will never understand why tapatalk does this..... -.-
Sorry everyone!

Upvote 0
i have this problem also. the power menu shows up when i first install the rom...but after i run my titanium backups and restore system data it starts doing the soft reset every time i hold the power button.

gotta be something with one of these apps i/we have installed...i probably run about 35 user apps total.

DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM APPS/DATA!
That's your issue. Only restore user, not system.

EDIT: again, sorry, tapatalk posted my comment from Android central to here....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones