• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] [Q] LG G2 D802 Flash Boot started issue!!

Hi, Great community.
I'm here with an issue I was trying to install Lg G3 Cloudy Rom for Lg G2 on my G2 D802. But My bad I'm in trouble now.! My phone stuck on very start. Getting message Flash Mode Started and Udc Start. Seems like I have flashed it wrongly .. very confused
confused.gif
confused.gif

I have connected it to usb Data cable got some other notifications on cell screen and nothing else.

I am unable to get in for download or recovery mode tried power + up and down buttons already.
Please help Experts.

**mod note** Turns out Abdul's device was the D800,
http://androidforums.com/threads/q-lg-g2-d802-flash-boot-started-issue.892429/page-2#post-6896848
so please read through this thread ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Great community.
I'm here with an issue I was trying to install Lg G3 Cloudy Rom for Lg G2 on my G2 D802. But My bad I'm in trouble now.! My phone stuck on very start. Getting message Flash Mode Started and Udc Start. Seems like I have flashed it wrongly .. very confused
confused.gif
confused.gif

I have connected it to usb Data cable got some other notifications on cell screen and nothing else.

I am unable to get in for download or recovery mode tried power + up and down buttons already.
Please help Experts.

Are you stuck at the LG logo or is its showing fastboot mode? When you mentioned "flash mode" did you mean fastboot mode?

Reactions: ABDUL BASIT KING
Upvote 0
Are you stuck at the LG logo or is its showing fastboot mode? When you mentioned "flash mode" did you mean fastboot mode?
Thanks for your response.
Its stuck on FlashBoot Mode.
I was trying to install G3 Cloudi Rom. Seems like I have followed wrong model method.
I have bought this device 2nd hand. And in about phone D802 was mentioned also on back D802 is mentioned.

Upvote 0
Have you tried fastboot flashing the d802 aboot, boot and laf already to restore download mode?
Nope I have not tried anything. As I don't want to. Please guide me. During Fastboot mode whenever I plug in g2 through USB DataCable its storage drive does not comes up. Also, I have installed PDAnet. But PdaNet keep on showing that Connecting to your phone (USB) Screen Shot: http://prntscr.com/5npwsh
and during this message on G2 additional two commands come up i,e
fastboot: ONN
fastboot: st::

Upvote 0
I know you have repeated these guides for many time before in many threads. But trust me you are helping allot. Thanks again.
Currently, I'm downloading SDK tools and then I will follow rest of the instruction that you did write in another thread.
Sounds good. Verify you have a working fastboot connection by rebooting the phone via fastboot. That will have you in a position to start fixing the phone.

Also try turning off the phone entirely, then press and hold all three back buttons at the same time. See if you get lucky and get the screen to show up which shows your IMEI at the bottom. If so, use it to get a download link to your KDZ and PM that to me.

Reactions: ABDUL BASIT KING
Upvote 0
Sounds good. Verify you have a working fastboot connection by rebooting the phone via fastboot. That will have you in a position to start fixing the phone.

Also try turning off the phone entirely, then press and hold all three back buttons at the same time. See if you get lucky and get the screen to show up which shows your IMEI at the bottom. If so, use it to get a download link to your KDZ and PM that to me.
WaoooOOoo... Pressing 3 buttons worked .. finally just got a lead for IMEI :p
Let me pm you. You are just Awesome.

Upvote 0
hey guys, im having the exact same problem. please let me know if and how you fix this
@trh8886 I have resolved the issue on my device. Sir @iowabowtech Helped me to get rid of it.
1- What is your device model ? (My case was different. As after inspection I found that my device model was not D802 :/ )
2- Do you have IMEI number of your device ?

Upvote 0
iowabowtech can you help me,i have the same problem with lg g2 D802 same like ABDUL BASIT KING ...im stuck in "fastboot mode start" i find the imei its something in chinese or corean...please help me

I'd be happy to help but would prefer to do so on Freenode IRC, channel #lg-g2. Firstly though, you'll want to remove your rear cover and verify the model of the hardware inside. It will be stamped in white lettering in the lower left/center.

Upvote 0
i remove the rear cover and the model is D802-0905

Great news, you have a legit D802 by the look of it. So you will need to fastboot flash aboot, boot and laf at minimum, these days I prefer to flash the entire bootstack (aboot, boot, laf, dbi, rpm, tz, sbl1) from a previous firmware version, or the one you're currently on if you know what that is and if those partitions are available. That should restore download mode at which point you can use it to flash a kdz or tot.

Upvote 0
These G2 problems have become so complex that I'm essentially pulling up stakes and moving all my support efforts to Freenode IRC, channel #lg-g2.

Hate to do it, but issues that we can solve in minutes/hours there seem to take days/weeks in a forum format. I'll still be checking in here when I can but will likely have a reduced presence. FYI, my IRC nick is Ncrypt3d.

Upvote 0
hi im in trouble,i bricked my device n then flashed tot. file with flash tool using a guide from other forum...my device cant go into download mode not in recovery(i never had custom recovery) it just stuck on lg logo with led on..
i also now have display issue it shows white n some other color lines..
my device can be detected by laptop by the way...but it does not show any folder or partitions.. what can i do now?
i have d802(written on back) but now im curious that it might be just wriiten on back may be it is another model from inside..thats why it got bricked because i flashed it with d802 tot files im completely lost please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones