Q: Making 'phone calls during film playback

Last Updated:

1. zopper

zopper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dear all,

I am considering an Android based 'phone, in particular the Motorola Dream X or one that has an HDMI output, but afore I take the plunge I would like to check this:

The HDMI o.p on the 'phone is connected to an external television. A film is being watched by several people. During playback a call is received on the Android 'phone.

* Can one make and receive telephone calls during playback (routed to a bluetooth headset) without interrupting the film.

Best regards, JK.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I think it would be possible. I watched a Youtube video while I was talking to somebody once on the phone. And I'm using a lowend Droid Eris. I would test it out. Play a movie through HDMI and call yourself (or have someone else do it). It might pause it once it starts ringing though. You should be able to easily resume it after you answer though.

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I ignore phonecalls when I'm watching a movie. Especially if I'm watching with other people.

4. zopper

zopper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Demache, Will you lend me the $700 to buy the 'phone I want, so that I test it. This is a pre-sales question; Perhaps I could test it in a shop when the Droid X is released over here. Otherwise, thank-you for a useful answer. I imagine that if it can play youtube videos uninterrupted then it ought to manage HDMI o/p, unless HDMI rendering causes far greater load on the CPU that it causes problematic for a concurrent audio stream (telephone call).

This is lovely to know, but mine is a question of technical capability. Just to let you know, I like frying living kittens in the barbecue in the back garden on Sundays, but I would not mention it during a support call.