• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q] Merge two calls one over my Cell and one over Wifi

Xtremee

Lurker
Dec 25, 2014
Hi all,

I would like to know if there is an Android App that can merge my two calls one over my mobile operator network and another over Wifi.
For example, let's imagine that I am calling a friend of mine in UK and I am calling him from Germany and we have another friend also in UK but he is not online OR have Wifi. I would like to do the following:

A: Me in Germany (I have wifi)
B: My friend in UK (with Wifi)
C: our third friend in UK (without wifi)

Sequence:
1. A calls B using any VoIP Apps (Skype, Viber, Google Hangout, etc.)
2. B calls C using his Mobile operator network.
3. B merge his TWO calls (one over mobile operator network "C" and another one over Wifi "A")
4. A, B & C are talking to each others and happy.

Is there such an App that do so? If not, is there any kind of Android OS limitation to prevent so?

AFAIK there is no app for this nor will there be. Not a limitation of Android, just not possible to merge calls that are running on separate and different systems. The exception *might* be if the WiFi calls where made on phones built-in WiFi calling capability such as T-Mobile USA phones. But I have doubts even that would make what you want possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones