• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Q on how Verizon would handle this? Possible?

No_Smoking

Lurker
Sep 19, 2010
I tried searching for this question but nothing seemed to stand out for exactly what I wanted to know.

I'm on a standard 1400 minute family plan with 3 lines. using LG VX8300's

I'm wanting to get my hands on two Droid Incredible's (via the buy one get one free deal they have going).
For my personal situation, I don't want to use them as phones (AT ALL), but more for wifi and displaying images to clients.

My questions are:
1) Does adding on the unlimited data plan $29.99 work acrossed the entire account-all 3 lines? or do I have to buy data plans for BOTH new phones?

2) If I bought the phones and the data package(s) for say 1 month, would I be able to down grade my lines. No data package and go back to using my old VX8300's? Would I be able to keep the two droids?

Is something like this possible to do? or am I expecting to get phones for next to nothing? =P

thx.

You can buy 2 DIncs (as long as 2 lines are eligible for upgrades) and when you activate them, each will have the $29.99 data plan but not your 3rd line...only the lines with the DIncs.

You can then downgrade to your current phones, the contract you sign is not on the phone but on the line so as long as they stay active for 2 years (or 1, depending on the contract) it's fine. When you re-activate your old phones the data charge will be removed (make sure to tell them to remove it. lol). ETF's are for the line, not the phone itself. The DIncs won't be active with an associated phone number so all you will have is wi-fi like you said you wanted.

I also have a family share plan and have activated many phones on different numbers only to switch them around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones