• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Q) regarding writing to external memory (sd)

red arrow

Mar 21, 2010
I'm hoping to get some clarification here as I would like to purchase the GPE. I've read about an issue where you cannot write to the SD card from Google Play, thus making onlyinternal memory available for apps, movies, media... Is this true? Can I use external memory for pics, video taken with the device? Does the device recognize media stored on the SD card, Say if it is loaded from my desktop? And finally can it be used as a mass storage device? I know these are nooby questions, but this will be my first tablet and I just want to make an educated purchase. Thanks for any and all help. The expandable memory is my main reason for considering this device over a Nexus7 32g.

I'm hoping to get some clarification here as I would like to purchase the GPE. I've read about an issue where you cannot write to the SD card from Google Play, thus making onlyinternal memory available for apps, movies, media... Is this true? Can I use external memory for pics, video taken with the device? Does the device recognize media stored on the SD card, Say if it is loaded from my desktop? And finally can it be used as a mass storage device? I know these are nooby questions, but this will be my first tablet and I just want to make an educated purchase. Thanks for any and all help. The expandable memory is my main reason for considering this device over a Nexus7 32g.

Here's a link to GPE devices,with a phone number for support/questions:

https://support.google.com/playedition/#

I've found the support team @ GOOGLE to be an excellent resource for help & information,very knowledgeable of all things GOOGLE/ANDROID/etc...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones