• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Q-See Camera Viewer?

Hi all, am new to this forum i wanted to share this information with all of you.

I installed 2 QS206 on a business and for last was trying to configure remote access, so i configure access so i could enter from the same network (LAN) using I.E and it was success. The hard part was when configuring remote access from outside network (WAN) it was a little of hard work. i used applications such as:
MEye = Connection success, but no video at all just black screen
Ip Cam Viewer Lite = Success and could get video but only had support up to 6 cams at a time, unless you buy full version
DVReye = doesn't work.

changing subject to configuration what i did was open port from modem since my modem is a modem/router device. opened port 8080/8181 for dvr web port 9000/8000 dvr media port and 100/200 for dvr mobile port.
so @ modem would look like this Range 8080 to 8080 translate to 8080 TCP/UDP (Only used 1 example)

Downloaded app SuperCam set all parameters and got all 16 cams live. My recommendation is to use SuperCam since this application is a universal ip cam viewer and not a model or brand based application.

If anyone needs help port forwarding or actually configuring all dvrs from scratch feel free to Pm me.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I can easily view all my surveillance cameras using Internet Explorer but I cannot get any android viewer to work. I have entered the same IP address as works in Internet Explorer but it cannot connect. I have enabled the Mobile settings in the DVR. I think it has something to do with the PORT settings but I do not know how to get it right. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
tom :)

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I can easily view all my surveillance cameras using Internet Explorer but I cannot get any android viewer to work. I have entered the same IP address as works in Internet Explorer but it cannot connect. I have enabled the Mobile settings in the DVR. I think it has something to do with the PORT settings but I do not know how to get it right. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
tom :)

I use 18600 port forward in router works great with Asee.

Upvote 0
I have looked for a couple of years to find an android app to allow me to remote view my COSTCO purchase of a QSD2216C16. On QSEE website it clearly states this unit is not set up to be remote viewed on an I-phone or android.
I think all the new units they put out are set up different making it easier to remote view on a cell phone.

BUT I have FINALLY found a way around this.....its a bit strange....maybe kinda odd but it works...and I really needed to remote view my cameras on my phone without purchasing a complete new system.

First I got the remote view (Network Viewer) software working on my home computer (this computer is always on and always connected to the internet)

Next I downloaded Team Viewer on both my phone and on my home computer.

This allows me to remote view and control my HOME COMPUTER from my phone. Thus I can open the Network Viewer program on my computer and view my cameras ON MY PHONE!
I have been using Team Viewer for awhile to work between my store computer and my home computer with no issues and also on my phone.

Although this is kinda a round about way to do things.....it is better than what I had before, and once u get it set up its actually not that difficult to navigate.

Hope this helps someone.....I had been searching for a couple of years to figure out a way to make this work!!!

Upvote 0
I have looked for a couple of years to find an android app to allow me to remote view my COSTCO purchase of a QSD2216C16. On QSEE website it clearly states this unit is not set up to be remote viewed on an I-phone or android.
I think all the new units they put out are set up different making it easier to remote view on a cell phone.

BUT I have FINALLY found a way around this.....its a bit strange....maybe kinda odd but it works...and I really needed to remote view my cameras on my phone without purchasing a complete new system.

First I got the remote view (Network Viewer) software working on my home computer (this computer is always on and always connected to the internet)

Next I downloaded Team Viewer on both my phone and on my home computer.

This allows me to remote view and control my HOME COMPUTER from my phone. Thus I can open the Network Viewer program on my computer and view my cameras ON MY PHONE!
I have been using Team Viewer for awhile to work between my store computer and my home computer with no issues and also on my phone.

Although this is kinda a round about way to do things.....it is better than what I had before, and once u get it set up its actually not that difficult to navigate.

Hope this helps someone.....I had been searching for a couple of years to figure out a way to make this work!!!

ok i know this is an old thread and i know there have been a few "fixes." but i just set one of these up for a customer, and heres a few things i found out.

with a Q-see system, specifically QS series, you need to make sure you have the correct version of IE to view this from a PC. not compatible with IE 9, firefox or chrome. you will have to find a work around to emulate an older version of IE.

as far as viewing remotely with QS series systems, the "A-see" software available from the android market as well as itunes does work. HOWEVER, you must make sure the firmware in the Q-see dvr is the most upto date. if you search on thee qsee site under support you will find the firmware. if you have a newer version of IE and you would like to view your QS series unit from a remote PC, you can down load the multi-client viewer from the Q-see site as well.

hope this helps anyone who has been having issues. i racked my brains for a while, and with little to no help from q-see, i found that when all this is done you can get this to work this way.

happy hunting

Upvote 0
I've been running SuperCam on my Android phone (for a Q-See QT426) for quite a while now, and really like it. I just installed it on my TouchPad Tablet, and it works...but it displays the same size as it does on my phone...so the app is 2"x3", on my 7" screen. I haven't seen a way to make it "full screen" (or found anything else that works with Q-See). Anyone else had any luck on a TP?

Upvote 0
Ok I'm lost, have a Q-See with 4 cameras.
Can't figure it out.
I've done the firewall thing and customized and opened up the port 80 then the 8080.
I think I'm doing it all wrong.
I downloaded the Supercam thing and can't get it to work.
What is my Server?
What is my user the one I log into the Q-See with?
how about the password.
HELP!!!
I called AT&T and tried to set up the 80 port the 6036 port the 8080 port.
Nothing works.
I tried updating the firmware...did the entire thing with the usb and it said done.
but when i look up it still has the old firmware version.
This thing sucks if you can't view it from your phone
what am i doing wrong?

Upvote 0
hi,

i have the q-see qsdf8204

and i have about few weeks now trying to setup this dvr so i can see
it from outside my network on a Motorola xoom android
and i just cant get any application working! from the market.

installed all and try ,and no go for me

to test if works when i am logged into my network
i go to http[[:]]//192.168.1.22:90
and i get this page:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The mobile phone was detected based on Symbian S60 2nd.
We recommend that you download this SCam_2nd.SIS ver1.1.1.323 to install.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and i know that it works,

in the dvr settings i have:

basic ip config at :
http port: 00090
data port02000

ip config:
static
address: 192.168.001.022
subnet 255....
gateway: ...001

ddns config
-i left it alone.

system info:
firmware: ver 1.2.0.90513
net server:enable
http port: 90 net port:2000
ddns:none

as for the wireless router i have the
netgear n600 model wndr3400

and under port forwarding i have this settings:
service name: dvr
external start port:90
external end port:90
internal start port:90
internal end port:90
internal ip address: 192.168.1.22
(this was done by "add custom service option)

so is there anyone here that may help in what andriod app you use
and how exactly you setup in your andriod app the loggins,because maybe there is a small error and thats why i dont see my cams or is not connecting...

please help,
in few days i am going in vacation and i really need this to figure out.

thank you for any advice!.
regards,
bosanci28

update;

installed : asee by meyetech from the market,
and added my info there,and it say :"connect to server successfully " but i dont see any video!
any clue?

thanks

Upvote 0
My home security system allows me to view the cameras from a browser. But, it only works from an internet explorer browser. (Even on my pc, I have to use IE for this, it won't work with firefox or chrome.)

None of the ip camera apps available so far work with my q-see camera system Is the Is there any way to "emulate" internet explorer on the android? I don't anticipate microsoft will be making an android-version anytime soon...

Pete

Visit iLinkx.com. ilinkx is a 3rd party service provider of Supplemental Notification for Alarm Service providers and offers browser based connectivity that allows 24/7/365 connection to all browser based applications including video, audio, access control smarthomes...:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones