[Q]SGS or w8 gingerbread?General

Last Updated:

1. lordvoldmort

lordvoldmort New Member This Topic's Starter

hello ppl,
    I'm planning to buy Samsung galaxy S soon but I heard that Android gingerbread is coming out soon too so I want to ask:
    1-will it be better to wait till Gingerbread to be out and then buy a device that has it already? if yes how much would this take?
    2-would there be a huge difference between Froyo which we can get on the Sgs and gingerbread that will worth the waiting if its long?
    3-is there any chance for Sgs to get gingerbread as an official update ? or its hardware cant run it?
    4-any remarks about the price of the devices that will come with it when it comes out?
    btw I'm normal user and my usage isnt that heavy or needs very high specs but still if its worth it to w8 please answer the questions
    P.S srry if i'm posting under wrong section or asking an already answered stuff
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

The hardware will most certainly be capable, I however would not bet anything on Samsung ever delivering a 2.3 update for the SGS. Their support thus far has been shocking.

3. waspbr

waspbr Well-Known Member

nah, I would say that the support for the SGS has been slow, what is shocking is SE, that only now pushed out 2.1 for the X10.

So far I am quite happy with froyo on the SGS, I can finally skype over wifi well and cyanogenmod 6.1 is just around the corner.

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Was there anything _that_ wrong with the X10 other than it was running 1.6.

The Galaxy S had bugs that needed fixed and were ignored for months on end.

5. waspbr

waspbr Well-Known Member

yep, several things.

6. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Fair enough, SE and Samsung are both useless.

7. lordvoldmort

lordvoldmort New Member This Topic's Starter

thx for all replies but can you guys just stick with the 4 questions i asked

8. waspbr

waspbr Well-Known Member

Agreed.

As for the question. AFAIK, the is no official announcement with regard to that though it seems that the SGS would support gingerbread and I am sure there will be ROMs made for it.

word on the street is that samsung should release the Nexus S with gingerbread on it. If money is no object and you don't mind waiting a little, you may be better off waiting a bit for the Nexus S.