• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q]Switching from Andoid to win 8, or buying a new motherbod worth it?? + extra

alentor

Lurker
Feb 13, 2011
Hello,
I'm gonna tell a short story, if you don't want to read it skip right to the questions, thank you!!

I'm an android user since 2010, my first device was sony experia X10, afterwards followed SGS2 and now SGS3, which is bricked, EFS folder is missing, and J-TAG didn't help (That's what the tech said).

The options I have left with are to buy a new motherboard for SGS3(The tech who tried to fix the phone using J-TAG and failed, advice/told me to buy a new motherboard. I'm a bit skeptical if he can really get a new motherboard and use some other devices motherboard), or buy a new android device, the only device I have in mind to replace SGS3 is Galaxy note II, yeah I'm aware that SGS4 is out, or switch to windows phone 8.

1. Is it worth to pay half of the price of a new Galaxy NOTE 2 to for a new motherboard for SGS3?
2. The new motherboard which the tech have offered me he will ORDER, is it really new or it's from another device? can you even order spare parts from samsung? such as a whole motherboard?
3. How is windows phone 8 is different from android, I'm aware of the lack of applications, what else should I know about windows phone before switching to it?

Thank you for everyone who answers, much appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones