Q: USB to VGA for Viewsonic G TabletAccessories

1. Clintre

Clintre Member

I cam across this USB to VGA that says it is compatible with the G-Tab.

USB To VGA Adapter - UV-V1A0-A - *********

I am curious if anyone has tried it.

I do may presentations and it would be awesome to either have this or an adapter that does not require a dock for the HDMI. I could then dump my laptop almost completely.

In either case I will continue to investigate.

Advertisement
    :
    xmr405o likes this.
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Hmmm....interesting but its kinda pricey for a VGA cable adapter but I'm glad it out there as an option for our gtablet.
  3. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Dang, that is pricey, but it would be really useful for me with my job. Anybody know of any more affordable options?

Clintre, if you get it, make sure you post back on how it works.
  4. jkolbenson

jkolbenson Active Member

does this put your computer video onto the tablet like it's a monitor or will it allow me to project whats on the tablet out to a monitor? or both?
  5. Clintre

Clintre Member

Supposedly it is a video out. However when I go to the mfg site for the item it does not mention anything about working with Android. It list on Windows.

For the price I need to be a bit more sure before puling the trigger. I have an email to the MFG to see if it has been designed to work at all with Android.

I will update as I get information.
  6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I would be wary too. Maybe the manufacturer mistook the gtablet for the viewsonic viewpad which is a windows/android tablet.
  7. Clintre

Clintre Member

Interestingly enough I thought that might be the case, xmr. However they have the NI Adam listed as well. The mfg does not have it listed only Fommy. I did however find it for $55 at another site. If I can find out I will buy that one and try it out.
    Aardvark1971, xmr405o and Zebulon like this.