• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

QCell 3850mah extended battery full initial charge

evillegas21

Lurker
Jun 25, 2012
I recieved my extended battery about maybe a week ago, and didn't give it the full initial charge. It was charged about half way when I popped it in and I used it until the battery was dead then fully charged it again. I received no instructions on how to properly charge the battery before use, and just recently read on the Q cell website that the battery should be charged about 8 hours before use when you first receive it. Now I feel that I'm not getting the battery's full potential in terms of longevity. I also was unaware of the fact that it wasn't good to fully discharge your battery, before giving it a full charge. Today the phone is telling me that is been running on battery power for about 14 hours, and I am currently at %22. This is with light usage, and being very cognizant of what applications/tasks are running in the background, always closing all applications after I finish using them, turning off 4g when I only need phone and SMS capabilities, monitoring the brightness of the screen, and other things like having a very limited amount of widgets and having a plain black wallpaper. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as what I can do to extend the life on the battery or perhaps "fix" this problem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones