• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help QI charger constantly causing my phone to beep / vibrate

youradds

Aug 30, 2011
Hi,

I have not used my QI charger in a while, as this used to really bug me. I was hoping with the v5 of Android, they would have "fixed" this annoyance.

When I put my phone on the QI charger, it beeps (or vibrates when on "silent"). Now, thats fine... but WHY is it doing it all the time!

Randomly between every 30 and 90 seconds, it beeps/buzzes me! Is there a way to turn this off? Its so frustrating! (the phone isn't moving, so I really don't get why its connecting/disconnecting, as far as the phones concerned.

Thanks!

Andy

I have 3 Qi charger pads, and two S5 phones with different model Qi Wireless receivers in them.

I have noticed on both phones, that it makes a critical difference in the "location" of the phone on the Qi pad. I finally determined that if I would find the "sweet spot" by approaching the pad from opposite ends and noting where it first turns ON.

Then place the phone midway between those two trigger points, that I get the most reliable charging "experience".

IF, on the other hand, you just want to know how to stop the chirping noises, MacroDroid can do that for you. I set it to trigger on a "Shake Phone", then I set the ACTIONS to silence all volume settings including System.

This required a 2nd macro to restore things to normal when the screen is unlocked. for me, it let's me sleep all night... I never hear a peep out of our phones while charging.

best though, to find the Sweet Spot.

Reactions: youradds
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones