• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

QI Wireless Charging

This is a pretty good deal on ebay

Black Receiver and black charging pad $16.99 (w/ free shipping)
Wireless Qi Charger Charging Pad Receiver Kit for Samsung Galaxy NOTE4 N9100 4 | eBay

Blue Receiver only $8.96
Wireless Qi Charger Charging Pad Receiver Kit for Samsung Galaxy NOTE4 N9100 4 | eBay

Black Receiver only $8.99

So funny how last year, everything was double the price. Qi charging pads were so expensive, compared to some of the offerings now. In fact, for use with my Moto 360 and my phone, I bought this from amazon:
Amazon.com: DiGiYes

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Does the S-View case come with Qi charging capability? I bought one, and it didn't say anything about it on the packaging.

No it does not, though I think they are supposed to come out with one that does.
If you look, there are contacts inside the case, but they are for NFC not for charging.

Which means that these cases and the wireless charging receivers that can get for the N4 can't work together, because they both plug in to the NFC ports in the back of the phone.

Upvote 0
I just ordered this from EXPANSYS:

Samsung Wireless Charging Cover for Galaxy Note 4 (Charcoal Black) #EP-CN910INEG - Expansys USA

Went ahead & sprang for the overnight shipping,it'll prolly arrive before the phone does,also overnight delivery,we'll see if either pull through............. ;)

I'm guessing using this replacement battery cover will add just enough extra thickness to where just about every case available will not fit.

I can take measurements once it arrives if anyone is interested.
I'm going COMMANDO w/this phone,so,the abovementioned measuring is the only info I can give regarding fit of cases w/this battery cover.

I canceled this order,as the stock status changed from an ambiguous in-stock statement to awaiting stock,available in 5-10 business days.

Went with MobileCityOnline,says it's in-stock & with AMAZON & PAYPAL options,shipping within 24-48 hours..........

Samsung Wireless Charging Cover for Galaxy Note 4 - Black at MobileCityOnline.com

I again went w/the overnight delivery option.Haven't got any feedback-confirmation just yet,will update.............

Upvote 0
I canceled this order,as the stock status changed from an ambiguous in-stock statement to awaiting stock,available in 5-10 business days.

Went with MobileCityOnline,says it's in-stock & with AMAZON & PAYPAL options,shipping within 24-48 hours..........

Samsung Wireless Charging Cover for Galaxy Note 4 - Black at MobileCityOnline.com

I again went w/the overnight delivery option.Haven't got any feedback-confirmation just yet,will update.............

Looks sweet. Let us know how it works out.

Upvote 0
This came in today:

EP-CN910IBUSTA_34619_L.jpg

Works flawlessly,however,it is thicker than the original battery cover (camera is virtually flush w/the cover),may not play nice w/cases.

I have an el cheapo case on the way,should be in by 11/11/14,I'll post results regarding fit @ that time.

Upvote 0
Amazed people want this...if anyone here has actually charged their Note 4 then they know how ungodly fast it charges, plus with a case you have actual protection...Bought my Spigen and I don't think I'll ever get another case. Note-4 charges so incredibly fast (mine does 0-50 in 30 minutes) and each 10 minutes seems to be another 15-20%
note4_main_title_0014_stand_merged_.jpg

Imo the wireless charging down the road will be awesome, but right now, esp with as big of batteries and with as fast of chargers as we have, let alone no real protection, it's just a gimmick.

Upvote 0
note4_main_title_0014_stand_merged_.jpg

Imo the wireless charging down the road will be awesome, but right now, esp with as big of batteries and with as fast of chargers as we have, let alone no real protection, it's just a gimmick.

To each their own,but,I can't get let ya get away w/o flippin' it back at ya: ;)

The gimmicky crack could be said regarding the kickstand on your case.
No one manufactures phones w/kickstands,but,does that make it a gimmicky trait?

No,it does not,wish more phones had them myself.

Same w/the wireless charging.
While not as efficient as standard wired charging,to some,it's an extremely desirable feature,for whatever reason...... :)

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
This came in today:

Works flawlessly,however,it is thicker than the original battery cover (camera is virtually flush w/the cover),may not play nice w/cases.

I have an el cheapo case on the way,should be in by 11/11/14,I'll post results regarding fit @ that time.

OK,got one of three bumper cases I ordered today:
For Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hard Crystal Hybrid Soft TPU Bumper Case Cover Black | eBay

1.0x0.jpg

{NOTE 3 Case depicted,virtually identical to the NOTE 4 Case.Unknown issues caused the original NOTE 4 pic to not be displayed.}
Nice fit w/the standard battery cover,not so with the QI-Enabled Battery Cover.One of the mic ports on the bottom doesn't line-up properly,an easy fix w/a drill or a hot needle/etc.....

It's close,but,I could only manage to squeeze in 3 of 4 front edges in for total face-down protection.

I even went as far as separating the black edge from the clear body of the case,but,the black doesn't have enough rigidity to stay installed.
So,basically,I destroyed the case.
No biggie,it was only $3.50 shipped.

Reactions: Podivin
Upvote 0
Took delivery of another bumper frame today:

For Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Crystal Clear Hybrid Soft TPU Bumper Case Frame Cover | eBay

040406-48300_ik1.gif

040406-48300_ik2.gif

040406-48300_ik3.gif

This one does indeed fit with the SAMSUNG QI-Charger Cover,albeit a very tight fit.If not for the relief cut-out (see pic #3 upper L/H corner),this case would probably not fit all the way around for true edge protection.

You'll even get a bit of face-down & face-up protection on a flat surface.
The backside is protected more by the contours around the USB Port & 3.5mm audio jack.The protection is minimal,but,it's there,you can lay the phone down either side up on a flat/clean surface w/o worry to camera lens damage or the display screen.

Upvote 0
With this charging back, will I need one of those weird qi charging stickers for the battery too, or is this + a charging dock all I need to get phone to charge wirelessly?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OP5SAAI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1416027080&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

The way I read it, all you'd need other than this back is the charging dock.
I see it has two sets of contacts in it. I expect one is for charging, and the other is for NFC.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^I can confirm this ^

Been using it for about a week now,works great,both for charging & NFC.
All that is needed is a charging dock/station,no further additions to the phone itself needed.

Reactions: Podivin
Upvote 0
Here's what the NOTE 4 Charging Cover actually looks like:

$_12.JPG

Installed,it adds .060" in thickness vs the stock battery cover.
Phone w/QI Battery Cover: .400"
Phone w/Stock Cover: .340"

Took delivery of another bumper frame today:

Hot Colorful TPU Rubber Bumper Frame PC Case Smart Cover for iPhone Sony Samsung | eBay

$_57.JPG

This one does not play nice w/the SAMSUNG NOTE 4 QI Battery/Charging Cover,just a bit too small & not enough elasticity to stretch to fit. Does fit perfectly w/the non-QI Battery Cover.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones