• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Qik - live video streaming

Chuck1906

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
Anybody using the Qik app to stream video from your phone? I've been doing some test with it the last week or so and love how i can put a video up on the web or on Facebook and other social networking sites in no time or send directly to someone's email account as a private video.

Thats the problem I am having now. Setting up my contact list within Qik. I can make the video private and send to an individual or leave it public and upload it to Facebook or other sites. I added a bunch of people to my Qik contact list the other day. For some reason it won't allow me to update several of my contacts. I have deleted them and re-added them and I still get the same result. Since mobile to mobile won't work, I had to switch the settings to send videos to their email accounts. I was able to switch everybody over except a few.

Anybody else have this problem? Qik gives you the option of sending the video via a text message or email when your sending to a person in your contact list. When I sent through text, the person said they never got the video. Maybe the file was to big to send as a text.

If I add a brand new person to my Qik contact list, it gives me those options again! So I am not sure why it won't give me the option to email my videos to the several contacts I am having problems with. I tried to go on http://qik.com website and see if I could edit my contacts info there but there is no option and looks like I have to do that from the phone. I contacted Qik and they have yet to get back to me.

Other than that, I love the app! It works great on my Moto Droid.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones