Qik not working?

Last Updated:

1. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have access to Qik on EVO?
    I tried to sign in but it keeps saying that " You are not currently connected to the network. Please check your connectivity settings."
    But I already turn on 4G or Wifi, and I can surf the net. So i don't get what it means. Anybody has idea?

Advertisement
  2. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

BTW does anyone get the flash working for the website? I can't get it to work .......................

3. BPHusker

BPHusker Member

I'm having the same problem. Any ideas?

4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i get the same error as above. im on 3G. 4G is still "scanning".

5. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

I connected with wifi and the web page had about a 30 second delay. I guess you cannot do phone to pc video chat.

Fring, on the other hand, worked great with Skype.

6. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Same problem/error.

So we tried Fring by itself.. no problems. Did have to put in headphones to cut back on feedback. Once we did that, worked GREAT on 3G.

7. devobail

devobail Active Member

I can't even get the Qik update from the market, it doesn't show up.

8. b4ssplr

b4ssplr New Member

I'm having the same problem with the same "You are not connected to the network". I can log onto Qik via computer but so far not with the phone. I guess we'll just continue to watch the forums. I only have 3G available in my area.

9. T Mac

T Mac Well-Known Member

Same here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

10. vitalangerment

vitalangerment New Member

I had the same problem yesterday with Qik saying I wasn't connected to the network. Just tried it this morning and it's working. :) Perhaps their servers couldn't handle all the traffic yesterday.

11. BPHusker

BPHusker Member

I'm still getting the "You are not connected to the network" message when I try to log in. Someone suggested the new Qik version, but it isn't showing up for me on the Marketplace.

12. Loonytunes

Loonytunes Well-Known Member

If you read the Qik twitter page, or their website, it says that they pulled the app from the Marketplace, until all the issues are resolved.. Their servers were overloaded. They will post the app once the issues are fixed.

13. w0rkit0ut

w0rkit0ut Member

i had the same problem. i went to manage apps under settings and scrolled down to Qik. select Qik and once your in there it gives you an option to clear cache/data. select that and it will say "this will erase data" select yes. now go back to Qik and it will ask you to sign in or create. just sign in and thats it. i have 2 Evo phones and it worked on both with no probs since. hope this helps. i still cant get the video chat to work even with the new Qik download from the market. anyone else had luck? in the meantime Fring works well for free.

14. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

qik works fine, except no video call chat yet; I emailed them but still no response

support@qik.com

15. w0rkit0ut

w0rkit0ut Member

they shouldve rolled this out a LONG time ago so they could get all the bugs worked out and have time to prepare for the increased traffic. they have been making such a big deal about the video chat for the last few months.so of course you know that on launch day one of the first things everyone is going to try to do is use the voice chat. i cant begin to tell you how much Sprint,HTC, and Qik have dropped the ball. they want you to pay $5 a month for the premium version of Qik but they cant even get this right. why release an update that still doesnt have the one feature that everyone was complaining about not having?