• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Qik on HTC Evo 4G

pingpongboss

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2010
YouTube - Qik on HTC Evo 4G

Vid taken from Motorola Droid.

Playing around with Qik for a bit. I was under the impression that Qik is supposed to provide 2-way "vid chat", which it doesn't. It uses your Evo's FRONT camera (not the 8 megapixel cam on the back) or BACK camera to stream a live video to the web.

As you can see, there is noticeable lag. I don't think it's possible to view the live stream on another smartphone using either the browser or Qik. I can only view my live video feed from my desktop.

wase is correct, the two way video chat software is not currently available.

I would imagine that even after the actual video chat software is available, it will probably still have some issues.

I have been using Qik for a few years. It's fun to use once in a while, but seemed to lag about 30-60 seconds behind on the web page. Maybe if I had the 4g coverage it may work better or maybe not. The software has a buffer that it fills before it starts to upload to the web page. After I stop recording, it usually continues to upload of another 30-60 seconds. That is were the lag you are talking about comes from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones