• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help qik-question?

I was having this problem when I tried to dial from my phone book because app was trying to dial all the numbers in one string. When i manually enter area code + number it works fine. Frequetly dialed numbers i just redial from history.

I was told you have to "dial" by using the QIK userername of the person you are contacting...thats how we did it from my wife's phone to mine, but when i returned her "call"...no dice....

can you use the actual phone number as well?

Upvote 0
Yes, as long as the number is to a phone with the qik feature of course...
i'll give it a try, however it wasnt working that way prior to trying the "username" method of dialing...

too bad you cannot put a QIK username as an entry in the address book...

still doesnt help me as to why i might not be able to "dial out" but yet receive...

Upvote 0
i'll give it a try, however it wasnt working that way prior to trying the "username" method of dialing...

too bad you cannot put a QIK username as an entry in the address book...

still doesnt help me as to why i might not be able to "dial out" but yet receive...

Using the phone number rarely works, it has been an on going issue.. The username is you best bet..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones