QikTips

Last Updated:

1. leebo

leebo Member This Topic's Starter

No chat regarding the Qik app? I did a search but nothing comes up.
    So far, I can connect to the service, but not to anyone else on the service.

Can anyone comment or point me to more info on this topic? What about other video conference apps (if there are any)?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Rockey

Rockey Member

I actually just used the QIK application with a customer in Alabama, we're on 3G, and worked fine after todays update. There was a little lag in voice but other than that everyting worked fine.

3. leebo

Hmmm... How did you get it to update? Also, I never got the confirmation text either. I emailed them this morning but no reply yet.

4. dels28

dels28 Well-Known Member

If you have a skype account, sign up for Fring. I was not able to get Qik version 3.51 which has the video chat feature. The Qik available in the market is 4.05 which does not have the video chat feature. I believe the 3.51 was availalbe the first week. I got my Evo a week after release and it was not available in the market. I have been able to use skype via Fring, really simple to speak to my wife and kids at home while I'm at work. When comapring Qik to my friends Fring, he stated that the Fring app looked better to him.

5. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

There is an updated version. Mine came today in the OTA update, among other updates. You can also get the updated version via market. You will know you have the updated version of Qik when you have the blue Qik icon (as opposed to the orange). I used it with lady friend for the first time today. Open the app and create an account if you have not yet done so. It takes about 30seconds. Make sure the other person has the updated Qik and has created an account as well. Then, simply open Qik, select video chat, select the person you want to video chat with

6. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

also.. as others have mentioned. Fring may be better. I havent used Fring, but from what I see its not as simple as Qik... but probably just cuz im unfamilliar. If Fring has better quality, id say use it.

7. Rockey

Rockey Member

My QIK application only worked after i done yesterdays update(6/28/10) before that i could not get QIK or Fring to work. QIK now works for me but of course they have pulled the update for now due to it bricking some phones but it should be out again by the end of the week.

8. leebo

I have emailed them, I have added different phone numbers to receive the text - but nothing. Apparently no one is at the controls.
    I do have the blue icon, as does my mom. I can upload video's to their site, just can't chat.

9. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

when they get Phone to PC chat with Qik, I'll use it again.

In the meantime, Fring does the job.

Remember: You must set up all your Skype contacts on your PC before they show up in Fring (with Skype account added of course)

10. dels28

dels28 Well-Known Member

Yes, as others have stated, my Orange icon turned blue and I now have version 3.54 which unlike the version which wE available in the Market has video chat.