qn-rom manager

Last Updated:

1. tanw

tanw Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,newbie here,i have just rooted using unrevoked 3.21 and installed rom manager.wanted to partition sd card but whenever i select the option a pop up says "you must have clockworkmod recovery installed before continuing!Install the recovery through ROM Manager first"

my qn is i tt i alr have clockworkmod recovery installed during root process?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

AFAIK Partitioning in rom Manager is broken anyway (I always use Acronis disk director to partition my cards)..you can check your clockwork install by shutting down phone and powering up holding power button and volume down.

Rom manager should tell you what version of clockwork is installed though (at top iirc)

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Rom manager doesn't use your native clockwork flash (flashed via the unrevoked process). Rather it puts it on SD card as Update.zip and applies it at boot, which is how it gets to clockwork.

When we originally started rooting the desire, we were flashing a htc engineering recover which only really had the ability to apply update.zip. Rom manager was a work around for this.

You need to choose the first option in rom manager "flash clockworkmod recovery" or similar.

Partitioning 95% works. Sometimes it doesnt.

4. tanw

tanw Member This Topic's Starter

my clockworkmod recovery is 2.5.0.7,installed with unrevoked 3.21..do rom manager need the latest clockworkmod to work?

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

read my post.