1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Qpst / cdmws

1. we350z

we350z Member

Anyone had any success getting QPST or CDMA Workshop to see the Hydro? Is it possible with the regular USB drivers? I think we need diagnostic drivers. I am trying to find my MSL so I can tweak my 3g settings.

Advertisement
  2. royalty

royalty Member

I see neither one if us have had luck with finding a way to get the msl. I wanted to try some 3g tweaks too
  3. we350z

we350z Member

Yeah - you still should be able to use 3G Supercharger from zepplinrox. Going to try that soon. I already get pretty good speeds at home and work about 1-1.4Mbps down and 700K-1Mbps up.

4. we350z

we350z Member

Could try this script for the GNEX:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1621993

It appears that Google disabled the getprop ril.MSL and logcat methods of retrieving your MSL in a ICS/JB OTA update at some point.

I think we are stuck until someone can get QPST working. Prob need to look at what folks did on similar Kyocera models.
  5. royalty

royalty Member

I tried to call boost and couldn't get it from them either.
  6. we350z

we350z Member

Yeah they won't give you that information, maybe if you knew someone there. There are other ways to get it but we need a custom usb diag driver to do it. I might try running the script for giggles.
  7. royalty

royalty Member

I installed the script for the GNEX ran it and no luck. Have you tried the 3G script?
  8. psycotrip

psycotrip New Member

i tried the 3g supercharger, the option 4 fastest, seemed fastest, experimental 1 and 2 seemed slower. It just made it fast enough to watch a youtube video while wifi tethering without buffering, at 240p, was for a homeless guy who i just sold a laptop too. The speedtest.comcast.net was at about 800k and went to 1.2mbs so he's happy, ill try to run qpsd using ##DIAG# but I doubt it will work. The 3g supercharger seemed to mostly make the sites come up quicker, but the ping was the same 136ms...
  9. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

Yea since they dont release their phones for resubscription on another service, they wont give you the MSL
  10. theminor19

theminor19 Well-Known Member

just about the easiest way to get the msl is have an extra boost phone you can switch to for exactly 5 minutes. then switch back on the website.... they give you your msl. so easy a noob could do it.
  11. thacloser

thacloser Well-Known Member

12. kaelusa

kaelusa New Member

There's an app on google play that'll read Kyocera msl
  13. thacloser

thacloser Well-Known Member

Ummm yeah.....echo? Weird
  14. damgri

damgri New Member

Call Boost, they will give you the MSL. I called last week and the phone rep gave it to me
  15. Adknight87

Adknight87 Well-Known Member

kyocera msl app

Worked for me but theres a special code for some menus. I used to remember the darn thing but it's the same code that sprint uses. Like a program code.
  16. kennersblack

kennersblack Well-Known Member

Do anyone have the USB diagnostic drivers? Or do anyone know where I can find them? I would greatly appreciate
  17. Adknight87

Adknight87 Well-Known Member

There's apparently drivers made for a 32 bit version from the xperia drivers. Just added in the id's for the device. I am running 64 bit right now just been kind of lazy to try much of anything. I'm thinking that the diag drivers that kyocera gave us are dummy drivers.