• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quadrant Benchmark..

This is mine after closing all apps, doing Lag Fix, Rooted, and SetCPU set at 1000Mhz and on Performance.

20100911142248.png

Upvote 0
My Eris wasn't rooted (therefore not overclocked), therefore the Fascinate is like going from a horse and buggy to a crotch rocket.

I can't imagine being much quicker.

Just wanted to let you know that being Rooted doesn't mean you're able to overclock. You have to have an Overclocking Kernel installed to overclock, and have SetCPU installed to control it. Even if you Root, you're running the same exact speed.

Upvote 0
Okay, for those of you wondering, why in the world is DroidX scoring higher than my beautiful Samsung Galaxy S phone on Quadrant, don't be alarmed. The Quadrant score is misleading. Our Samsung Galaxy S phones are indeed the fastest android phones on the market.

You see, the Quadrant application comes in two varients. One is free, one is a paid professional version. The free verision which many of us are using, is misleading. What this version does is it lumps a final total score, without any type of breakdown. On the other hand, the paid version, actually breaks down your final score, into cpu performance, gpu, I/O...etc.

Okay, so the reason DroidX is giving a false impression that it may be faster than Galaxy S is because of I/O. As many of you know, the Galaxy S phone has a lag issue relatd to I/O. As a result, we get a lower score on Quadrant. However, when a lag fix is applied, we leave DroidX in the dust.

Both the developer of Quadrant and androidandme have confirmed the galaxy s has the fastest GPU and CPU.

Simply put, when you run the paid version of Quadrant, you will see that the score for gpu and cpu is faster on the galaxy s. The only reason droidx gives a total higher score, is because of I/O inflating the score.

for a more detailed explanation and video please look below:

YouTube - Another Android benchmark showdown with Quadrant Pro

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones