quadrant questions

Last Updated:

1. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just isntalled and ran the quadrant benchmart app and have some questions.

while running the 2D and 3D graphics tests I got the followign results:

2D 1/1 consistantly around 17 FPS

3D 1/3 ran around 7 for awhile, then around 12, jumped to 25, then ran around 8 FPS for awhile

3D 2/3 ran consistantly around 40 FPS

3D 3/3 ran consistantly around 10 FPS

my overall score was 1391

my question is, what does all this mean? is it any good? 1391 out of what? are those frams per second results decent? is there a reason the first 3D FPS results were so inconsistant?

also with linpack, I'm getting 38 mflops in .14 seconds. why so crappy?

I'm running CyanogenMod6 test8 with the stock kernel. I did it with SetCPU at 998MHz and I uninstalled SetCPU and reran linpack and same results.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

38 mflops is good, it ran around 8 on 2.1 I think. and 1391 is a good quadrant score for a Dinc.
    What does it mean? not much if your phone does what you want it to do. You have bragging rights over people with older phones, but the new wave of phones are faster.
    If it means anything I don't think I've ever cracked 1200 on my Dinc so you can say your phone is faster than gruss' if ya want ;)

3. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

Yeah look at the info from the linpack site. Droid X users are getting far less than 38.

The numbers in Quadrant are kind of like Futuremark. It's a number, added together over all tests to give you an idea of over-all performance. You can see on the bar graph how your phone compares to stock setups of other phones. 1391 is close to N1 2.2, if not past it which is one of the fastest devices currently running.

In short, you're performing about as well as anyone can get the Incredible to run right now. At least until we get a good overclock for 2.2, then all bets are off.

4. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i see. well according to quadrant i'm running faster than the nexus 1, but according to linpack the Dincs are running mid 40s. and the moto droids are runnin 70s. oh well, atleast i'm running better than gruss :D

5. inline6power

inline6power Well-Known Member

what do i need to do to improve my scores. i am getting 32flop and 1221 on quad. any tips?

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

not anymore, I hit 44 mflops the other day. nyah nyah :p

ssddyakno likes this.
  7. dcesq06

dcesq06 Well-Known Member

I used to religiously monitor quadrant scores until I read an article a couple of days ago about how Cyanogen was able to manipulate quadrant scores to artificially score over 3000. Apparently the software is bugged so the results aren't accurate.

I guess quadrant scores could still serve as a good personal baseline but I always see a lot of variance. I can get 1100 on one benchmark run and then 10 minutes later get 1400.

Cyanogen Demonstrates Quadrant’s Flaws &raquo BriefMobile